Start your day in Clearwater on the right foot with a satisfying breakfast around town. Clearwater has a wide variety of affordable, local cuisine that you will fall in love with. The list below shows a handful of breakfast destinations both on and off the beach.
Photo Credit: flyingwithjerome.com
Photo Credit: @Lennysresturant Facebook
Off the beach
1. Flying with Jerome– https://www.flyingwithjerome.com/
- Indulge in buttery pastries, generously-sized omelets, fruity crepes and more at this French inspired café. The chef, Jérôme, is a native of Southwest France and brings a taste of his home to town. Prices range from $3 to $16 with a menu that is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free friendly.
2. Wildflower Café– http://www.wildflowercafe.net/
- Order the Wildflower Triple, featuring scrambled eggs, applewood smoked bacon and Belgian waffles, and you’ll be satisfied for hours for an affordable $8.50. Other menu items include avocado toast, breakfast burritos and French toast that will fill you up. The café is like eating in a flower-filled oasis and the market next door can provide the perfect items for an afternoon picnic.
3. Lenny’s Restaurant– https://www.lennysfood.com/
- Do as the locals do and feast on potato pancakes, bacon and eggs benedict to start your day. This American diner has generous portions for affordable prices in a fun family-friendly environment. During baseball spring training, Philadelphia Phillies fans are known to dine at Lenny’s before heading to the stadium nearby.
4. Tin Can Café– http://www.tincancafefl.com/
- Another place to eat like a local in Clearwater. This diner is known for its down-home Southern-style breakfast and great prices. A 7 oz Angus steak and 3 eggs breakfast will set you back just $4.79. Classic breakfast items fill the menu and will satisfy even the picky eaters with delicious pancakes and bacon.
5. Sunset Grill– http://sunsetgrillclearwater.com/
- Here, breakfast is served all day in a homey environment. With 12 selections of omelets, three types of eggs benedict, oatmeal, biscuits and more, everyone in the family will leave satisfied and ready for the day. The menu also includes a kids menu for the smaller diners.
Photo Credit: @clearshybeachcafe Facebook
Photo Credit: @saltysisland Facebook
On the beach
1. Clear Sky Café– https://www.clearskycafe.com/
- Listen to music, take in the views and dine at this seafood-filled brunch spot by the water. This is a great place for large tables in a casual, friendly environment. Shrimp and grits, lox and bagels and seafood crepes are just a few items that make up the diverse menu.
2. Beach Shanty Café– https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34141-d1163139-Reviews-Beach_Shanty_Cafe-Clearwater_Florida.html
- Located in a tiny building close to the water, this café packs a lot of punch into its home-style breakfast. Numerous selections of omelets, benedicts, egg sandwiches and “sweet stuff” will fill you up and bring you back for more during your stay.
3. Another Broken Egg– https://anotherbrokenegg.com/location/north-beach-clearwater-fl
- Always a classic, this breakfast spot is a crowd pleaser with something on the menu for everyone. Whether that’s the chicken and waffles or lobster omelet is up to you, but all ensure a full and content family before heading to the beach.
4. Salty’s– https://saltysisland.com/
- Get a cool start before heading into the sun with any of their smoothies. With seven smoothies to choose from, each is a refreshing treat with tropical flavors. Breakfast tacos, huevos rancheros and biscuits and gravy also make up the menu with prices around $10 each.
5. Maggie Mae’s– http://www.maggie-maes.com/index.php
- Overlook the bay and sit outside while enjoying the breeze and breakfast food in this scenic location. Order their top selling breakfast, Mom’s Best – two eggs, country home fries or grits, choice of bacon, sausage, ham or spam AND a biscuit or toast for the low price of $7.50. An egg and cheese biscuit, muffin or toast with your choice of meat is just $3.95 and will leave you full.
Written by Alice Phillips